Quantcast

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Playgrounds & Lollipops - Comfort Trap

"Most women wear clothes that are too big – that's the comfort trap. Women don't want to feel constrained, but I say, if you want to dress to feel as though you never got out of bed, then don't." Tim Gunn on women falling into the "comfort trap"

{Cardigan & T-Shirt: James Perse; Cotton Poplin Drawstring Pants: Old Navy Men's Section; 
Shoes: Converse; Bracelets: DIY by me}
I wonder what Tim Gunn would think of my outfit?  While I wholeheartedly agree that some women nowadays do dress a little too comfortably, preferring yoga pants as the major staple of their wardrobe, I have to say that sometimes you just need to feel comfortable.  The kind of comfort that only a baggy pair of poplin pants and an oversize cardigan can provide.  Add in a pair of Chucks for long walks around the neighborhood, chasing after kids riding Big Wheels, and you're all set.  I sort of feel a little preppy in this look too, with the mix of classic colors like Navy Blue and Kelly Green.  What do you think?

This has been my go-to outfit for the last couple of days.  Lightweight, men's parachute poplin pants that don't feel stifling when the gloom wears off and the heat cranks up, and a super soft knit cardigan that is the perfect layering piece.  While I admit the outfit is sort of androgynous, a nice pop of Coral Crush ensures I won't be mistaken for a boy.

So what do you think?  Would Mr. Gunn excuse my lazy outfit, or would he say I need to step it up a bit?  Either way, I kinda don't care.  It's officially summer and I officially have no where to go.  I'm embracing that feeling while I can.
I'm linking up with Lindsey for WIWW :)
P.S. The winner of the friendship bracelets is Katie!  Send me a note Katie with your address and I'll get them shipped out next week.  Congrats friend!

20 comments:

  1. You look adorable!! Can't go wrong with chucks for sure. Totally wouldn't have known those were mens pants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hat makes it sassy. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it, this is polished comfy. We don't live in Manhattan, this is So Cal, we have the freedom to be casual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute, comfy and super, duper sassy. Converse rock my world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are adorable! I love that outfit, the tennis shoes and the hat add so much flavor.

    I think your outfit is great. Tim Gunn would just have to agree =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. G would give you a thumbs up. I'm sure of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the G man would say "that's fabulous" Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your lazy outfit is great!
    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  9. i dig it. I think he would approve - sort of. maybe he'd nix the chucks but he's not "from here" now is he? =)
    I think as mom's there is a fine line between comfort, sloppy & "I gave up". This outfit is kind of perfect for me. I have a pair of similar pants that i wear the crap out of because I want to be cute AND comfortable!
    although lately maxi dresses have been my "go to" outfit of choice.....so simple and easy but the ways to accessorize are endless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. im stopping by from the pleated poppy... i love the comfy slouch style myself... i think you look cute! my rule is to pair something fitted with something looser. like if i wear wide leg pants, ill wear a fitted t. i feel like it balances the look that way.

    http://acrazywalkonthesafeside.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. as if YOU could ever be mistaken for a boy;)

    love the look. i tend to lean this way, to comfort, almost every day. you look stunning even in a "lazy" look!! LOVE the shoes. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. The hat and green converse are adorable! I am just beginning to hear about these friendship bracelets...gonna have to check yours out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your outfit! It has all of my favorite staples-tee, cardy, and chucks! I think you look great, who cares what Mr. Gunn thinks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think Mr Gunn is probably talking about those ladies who use comfort as an excuse for putting no effort into the way they dress - but this outfit, though comfortable is totally cute and obviously well put together :) I think Tim would approve for sure

    ReplyDelete
  15. Why are you SSOOO cute?! And I love those shoes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your outfit.
    Please send it to me pronto.

    Danielle @ Hello Owl Blog
    C/Australia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Green Chucks!!!

    And I think you already know my stance on dressing for comfort. ;) Dang that Tim Gunn!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks everyone for your sweet comments! Glad I'm not the only one that thinks (hopes) Mr. Gunn would approve :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. i cannot believe those are men's pants!! so impressed with your mad styling skills. :) and green chucks? love!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Definitely not for every occasion, but great for Saturdays, the park, and farmer's market! I think you look adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...