Quantcast

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas

Hi everyone.  Just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas.  As we recover from a late night and an early morning of fun, I was thinking a bit about my childhood Christmases.  I have to say that my mom did a dang good job of always making Christmas as magical as possible for us, amidst everything that was going on.  My happiest memories of childhood always center around Christmas time.  Maybe it was because it was the time of year when everything did seem to be perfect.  Extended family got together, Grandma made biscochitos and through lots of lay away and penny pinching, Santa was always able to somehow get us what was on our list.  Christmas time was so happy in fact, that I would feel a deep sense of longing for weeks, usually until Valentine's Day.  I distinctly recall as a kid coming across an old Christmas issue of Woman's Day in a doctor's office in January.  I saw the cover, filled with Christmas cheer and was so sad it brought me to tears knowing that I'd have to wait another 11 months to see twinkly lights and big red bows. 

Now as I look at my kids, with their childhood so different than my own, I wonder if their memories of Christmas time will be as sweet.  Year round their little lives are filled with so much fun and activity, will Christmas memories be so sharp in comparison to their everyday?  I hope so, I really, really do.  Either way, I'm so thankful and happy to have my little family, with these 2 special kids to dote on and spoil just a bit.

Merry Christmas friends.  I am so thankful for you all that do read and have become a special part of my life this year.  It's been quite fun and I can't wait to share every more in 2012.  I wish you all a warm and magical rest of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...